Twitter’s Business Development team is looking for a driven, creative, self-sufficient and resourceful Business Development Manager to join us in building and leading our growth strategies and partner acquisition initiatives in Africa. The successful candidate will be a seasoned BD professional who is responsible for sourcing, negotiating and signing high-impact strategic partnerships that significantly help scale user growth, engagement, and revenue at Twitter. They will be joining a team that is focused on deals that increase Twitter’s global footprint. Your task: nurture relationships, expand Twitter’s footprint and influence with key partner organizations at senior levels. You should have a strong vision for the broad potential of the digital economy while being focused on scalable impact and immediate opportunities that result in value and growth for Twitter.
What you will do:
- Develop and execute the overall strategy for partnerships in Africa with a specific focus on Nigeria
- Build and lead all relationships with Africa business development partners, including telecom carriers, platforms and publishers
- Help expand Twitter’s product capabilities by developing and scaling distribution partnerships with technology companies focused on user and revenue growth
- Negotiate multi-faceted, complex deals with key device manufacturers, mobile carriers and consumer internet companies
- Play a key role in defining successful partnership playbooks so that they can be replicated & customized in other similar markets
- Become a key internal authority on your markets
- Drive innovative growth opportunities across the developer ecosystem
- Work cross-functionally with Product Management, Content Partnerships, Sales, Marketing, Legal, and other internal teams across Twitter to forge mutually beneficial value exchanges
- Represent Twitter at Industry Events
- BS or BA /MBA Preferred
- 10+ years of client facing experience in Business Development partnerships in Africa
- Strong understanding of various forms of distribution partnerships (including with carriers, OEMs, other potential channels) and their business models
- Working knowledge of how to develop market presence within a regional ecosystem
- Experience working in a globally distributed team
- Strategic thinker that is adept using data and creatively “doing more with less”
- Self-starter who can operate with little direct supervision but will also be a leader in region, working with and on behalf of other teams like sales and marketing
- Ability to establish C level relationships and also clearly communicate complex concepts and processes to partners at all levels of management
- Familiarity with Twitter’s products
- Demonstrated success working with cross-functional teams (product, engineering, legal, marketing, communications, finance, sales, etc.)
- Knowledge of mobile and internet products and technologies
- Creative, innovative thinker who is also operationally rigorous and detail-oriented
Twitter’s mission is to serve the public conversation, and it’s essential – for the world and for Twitter – to increase the number of people who feel comfortable participating in it. In line with our growth strategy, we’re excited to announce that we are now actively hiring for roles in Ghana. Our teams must be more immersed in the rich and vibrant communities that drive the conversations taking place every day across Sub-Saharan Africa, and we can only do this by hiring local teams and tapping into their expertise and exceptional talent.
We care about making work happy and productive for everyone, with a permanent option to work remotely or regularly work from home when our offices reopen; a home office expense budget; wellness benefits; regular #NoMeetingFridays; and six months of parental leave.
A few other things we value:
- Challenge – We work with Twitter’s product and standards teams to solve some of the industry’s hardest content problems. Come to be challenged, learn, and thrive as a curator.
- Diversity – Diversity makes us a better organization and team. We value diverse backgrounds, ideas, and experiences.
- Work-Life Balance – We work hard, but we believe with hard work should come balance.We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Twitter. Twitter is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Twitter is committed to an inclusive and diverse Twitter. Twitter is an equal opportunity employer. Twitter does not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.