- Company: Vodafone Ghana
- Location: Ghana
- State: Jobs in Accra
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: IT/Telecom Jobs in Ghana – Vodafone Jobs in Ghana
As part of the Technology IT Team, the Digital ICT Manager will lead the organization to design, implement and deliver on the Company’s Digital Strategy.
He/ She will be responsible for the design and implementation of processes and tools to enable continuous integration and continuous delivery, maximizing the speed and quality of delivery across teams.
This position is responsible for development and operations of the Vodafone Ghana websites, digital applications and platforms, My Vodafone App, video, and Chatbot to drive engaging content, strategic alignment, and brand enhancement.
- Lead a team that will drive the design, development, and deployment of digital applications, platforms, products, and services for Vodafone Ghana
- Responsible for automating build, release, deployment, and configuration activities
- Work closely with software, QA, and systems engineers to understand requirements and prototype, architect, implement, operate and update DevOps solutions accordingly.
- Work with our external vendors, service providers, and partners to deliver appropriate technical solutions in line with the Company’s Digital Strategy
- Establish a portfolio of DevOps processes, practices, and tools to empower and support delivery teams in continuous deployment, continuous integration, and rapid delivery across value streams
- Create and implement automation and orchestration tools with infrastructure teams or cloud providers
- Full responsibility of migration and upgrading to new releases.
- Ensure availability, scalability, maintainability, monitoring of systems for operations
- Regular update of technical documentation and the team knowledge base
- Advise on new technologies and methodologies by becoming an expert in emerging technologies and tools.
Monitor and Diagnose
Automation and Robotics_FRHR
Data Analytics and Insights
Service and Delivery Management
Professional / Technical Skills / Core Competencies
- Strong technological background, with qualification in Computer Science, Telecommunications or equivalent
- Working experience in a DevSecOps capacity, preferably as a DevOps Engineer
- Good understanding of operational processes in the Telecom industry
- Agile and Devops Software development experience
- Understanding of Automation and DevOps tools and their usage to fulfil the Software Development Life Cycle. Ex: Jira, Bitbucket, Jenkins, Artifactory, Burpe Studio etc.
- Expertise with at least two or more programming languages (e.g. PHP, Java)
- Database technologies – RDBMS, e.g. MySQL, PostGreSQL, Oracle and NoSQL e.g. Cassandra, Spark, Redis, Mongo,etc.
- Virtualization and container technologies, e.g. Windows, Linux, VMWare, Xen, KVM, Docker, Kubernetes
- Public and private cloud IaaS and PaaS deployment models and technologies, e.g. Openstack, AWS, Azure