Under the overall supervision of the Head of Sub-office and technical supervisor of the Head of Research, Assessment, Monitoring and Evaluation (RAME) in Tamale, the Programme Associate (M & E) will be expected to perform the following duties:
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Take lead in data management of all beneficiaries, stakeholders and activities under SO2. In particular collect, organize and process data regarding farmer-based organizations, aggregators, off takers and update such data on a regular basis. In liaison with M&E, document transactions through the farmer, aggregator traceability systems and report progress made on a regular basi.
• In charge of all SO2 related documentation including organization of folders, files, reports and be able to document processes, best practices and success stories related to SO2 from time to time.
• In collaboration with the SO2 manager, assist with day-to-day Sustainable Food Systems (SFS) programme management affairs, especially Organizing & scheduling SO2 weekly/biweekly meetings and take lead in taking minutes and follow up on action points with the responsible staff in SO2.
• Liaise with M&E Programme officer to ensure all SO2 related indicators are captured for entry into Country Office Monitoring and Evaluation Tool (COMET); ensure up to date information on “Other Outputs” by consolidating information received from Partners.
• Actively participate in planning, implementation of all assessments related to SO2 and share results and lessons learnt for purposes of improving approaches and projects implementation strategies in the future.
• Support the program Policy officers and Food Systems Coordinator in routine report writing, editing and ensuring that key indicators on outputs are captured in project reports and the Annual Country Report.
• Will be responsible for gender mainstreaming and proactive technical support to all interventions and activities under SO2. Will ensure gender equity principles are incorporated into all activities. Will contribute towards planning, implementation, reporting and follow up on gender-related activities and provide support to the rest of the staff under SO2.
• In liaison with Program Policy Officers and partners jointly promote Climate Smart Agriculture Initiatives among Smallholders and Communities and ensure climate practices are integrated into farmers agricultural practices.
• Support the Food Systems Coordinator in development of concepts and proposals, through generating background information, searching and consolidating relevant literature and statistics.
• Perform any other duties as provided from time to time.
Qualification Required & Experience
Minimum Academic Qualifications
• First degree in Natural Resources Management, Environment, Agricultural sciences, Agricultural economics, Development studies or other related fields. A masters in any of the above fields is an added advantage
Desired Experiences for Entry into the role:
• A minimum of five years of progressive experience in project implementation related to sustainable food systems, agriculture and nutrition value chains or other related fields.
• Technical skills and knowledge in Monitoring and Evaluation, Reporting, Project management, Sustainable Agriculture (Climate smart agriculture), Gender mainstreaming, and nutrition value chain.
Minimum Academic Qualifications
First degree in Natural Resources Management, Environment, Agricultural sciences, Agricultural economics, Development studies or other related fields. A masters in any of the above fields is an added advantage
Language: Fluency and Good Command of the English language is essential.
Applicants should submit their applications and CV stating 3 references