- Company: Ghana Statistical Service
- Location: Ghana
- State: Ghana
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Public Sector Jobs in Ghana
The Ghana Statistical Service is the government agency charged with the responsibility of providing quality, relevant, accurate, and timely statistical information for the purpose of national development. It has offices in all the sixteen (16) regions of the country.
The Service invites applications from qualified Ghanaians who are goal-oriented and results-driven to apply for the under-listed positions within the Service: Technical Demographer
• To provide technical support in data evaluation and analysis nuptiality, migration, Life Table, global health and mortality statistics of fertility
Duties and Responsibilities
• Develop analytical frameworks using statistical methods and techniques.
• Design and collect a wide range of demographic, socioeconomic, behavioral, spatial, and environmental variables.
• Prepare and link large-scale datasets (e. survey data with census data; administrative data with surveys and censuses information).
• Analyze and interpret demographic variables.
• Write manuscripts, journal articles, and policy briefs.
Qualification Required & Experience
• A minimum of a Master’s degree from an accredited tertiary institution in any of the following: Demography, Population Studies, Sociology, Geography, Economics, Statistics, Mathematics, or related fields;
• Must have completed a one-year national service
• Must have at least 2 years’ work experience.
Competencies and Skills
• Analytical skills in Excel, Stata, SPSS, R. Spectrum, Mortpak. Demproj, CSPro, or any analytical software.
• Integration of complex survey designs and large datasets
• Data collection, management, and presentation skills
Location: Nationwide Recruitment
Method of Application
Interested and qualified applicants are to submit their application letters and CVs to the address below:
Human Resource Directorate
Ghana Statistical Service
P. O. Box GP 1098
Closing Date: 18 April, 2022
Qualified women and persons with disability are encouraged to apply.