Do you know a leader under 40 who is making an impact on the world, pushing boundaries and innovating towards the greater good? We are looking for diverse leaders from across sectors and the world who have accomplished great things and who aim to do more.
Over the past 15 years, Young Global Leaders have gone on to lead their countries, serve their communities, launch groundbreaking initiatives, expand access to resources, and shake up traditional ways of doing business. We are always looking for exceptional leaders to join our community.
- Are between 28 and 38 years old at the time of nomination.
- Has 5-15 years of recognized achievements, leadership and outstanding professional work experience.
- Demonstrates a personal commitment to serve society at local and global levels, has an impeccable record in the public eye, good standing in their community, self-awareness and a desire to learn.
- Candidates from the corporate sector must manage a corporation or division and must hold one of the following titles (or equivalent): president, chair of the board, chief executive officer, managing director, managing partner or publisher. At the Start-up/SME level, chief executive officer of chair of the board is preferred.
- If the company is a member or partner of the World Economic Forum, the candidate requires the approval of the chief executive officer or chair of the board of the respective company.
- Self-nominations are not accepted.
31 May 2022 – Nomination period ends. Nominated candidates may be invited to submit a short application and will be notified of the outcome in the weeks following their nomination.
June – November 2022 – The World Economic Forum shortlists candidates for further review.
December 2022 – An independent selection committee reviews finalist candidates.
March 2023 – A press announcement is released for the new class of Young Global Leaders.
* Due to the large number of nominations received, the Forum of Young Global Leaders only contacts successful candidates. Some candidates may be contacted as part of the due diligence process.
Thank you for your interest in submitting a nomination for the YGL community. You can submit a nomination here.