USAID offers a wide range of opportunities for students and recent graduates to gain valuable experience through internships, fellowships and other professional development programs.
USAID offers full-time paid internships at field stations around the world, as well as virtual internship opportunities. USAID is committed to closing the gap between those who have access to international development opportunities and those who do not.
We strive to provide equal opportunity for all applicants regardless of race, colour, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, political affiliation, sexual orientation or marital status, disability or genetic information; veteran status or other legally protected characteristics.
Find More About The Summer USAID Internships 2022
- Interns and Fellows generally work in one of USAID’s offices in Washington, D.C., or a country where USAID works.
- The Internships Applications start in July and end in July.
- Supporting program work in economic growth, agriculture, education, health, environment, democracy and governance, conflict prevention, and humanitarian assistance.
- Internships and Fellowships allow students the opportunity to explore Federal careers and offer valuable work experience.
The work you do as an intern
The work assigned to an Intern or a Fellow varies in complexity by educational experience and may include:
- Writing program memoranda
- Drafting documents
- Facilitating meetings and special events
- Attending program discussions in the Agency, at the Department of State, or on Capitol Hill
- Communicating about program issues with USAID field Missions abroad, and with USAID’s many stakeholders and the general public
- Participating in employee engagement and mentoring events
How to Apply for the USAID Internship 2022
- Submit your online applications before the deadline. The Internship deadline typically ends by the end of July every year.
- Explore all the open USAID Internships at https://vsfs.state.gov/projects
- The Call for the USAID Paid Internships available at https://www.usaid.gov/work-usaid/careers/student-internships
- Check out our Internships Category.