How To Check The Status Of Your Sassa R350 Reconsideration Application
If you have submitted an application to Sassa, and you’re not sure whether they have received it or not. If you want to check the status of your appeal or reconsideration application, then this article will help you.
The Sassa Reconsideration System allows applicants who were declined the Social Relief of Distress Grant (SRD) R350, to appeal. This is an automatic way for those applicants who have been declined for the SRD R350 to appeal.
Previously, declined applicants of SRD R350 grants application had to send their appeal applications to an email address [email protected] but looking at the boring work of checking thousands of emails individually.
SASSA then added a reconsideration module to its online registration website where applicants can appeal without having to send an email by choosing the “Retrieve Reconsideration” button in your profile after gaining access to your account either with your username or registered mobile number and password.
On the website srd.sassa.gov.za, there is a place where Sassa applicants with identity issues can update their Surname and Full name online.
How To Request Reconsideration For Deline Applicants For SRD R350 Grant
If you have been declined for SASSA SRD R350, Hub Opportunities suppose that you are declined for instance “alternative income source Identified”, which basically is the reason for the decline.
Below are the steps to apply for reconsideration.
- Go to the site https://srd.sassa.gov.za/sc19/reconsideration. It takes you straight to the reconsideration page.
- Here you are to provide ID number and the phone number used to submit the application.
- There is button labeled ‘send pin’ click on it,
- You will receive an SMS notification containing a pin code enter the exact code received into field provided and submit.
- Now, choose the month you wish to apply for reconsideration, which obviously will be August 2021.
- In the drop down menu, you see current status which is clearly declined. Then reason for the decline, which in our case is alternative income source Identified, but other reasons may be declined as well. Your reason for decline will be shown at this section too.
- The last stage is to choose the reason for the reconsideration, which must match with the reason for the decline. For instance, if an applicant is declined for “UIF registered” he cannot choose ‘no income source’ as the reason for reconsideration but should rather choose ‘no uif registered’.
- So depending on the reason for the decline, that will determine the reason for the reconsideration.
- The reason for reconsideration are preloaded into the system already, so the applicant does not need to enter anything again.
- Then submit the application. Your status will now be pending as SASSA will have to once again review the application.
- Sources unconfirmed indicates that it can take two weeks for the reconsideration application to be considered.
- You need to be patient as SASSA looks at your reconsideration.