The National Student Financial Aid Scheme (NSFAS) offers financial assistance to South African students.
The objective of the scheme is to ensure that all eligible South African students are able to access tertiary education by offering loans for tuition, accommodation and study-related costs.
The NSFAS Application Form will be available from June 2020 and will close once the target number of applications has been received.
All students as well as the prospective students must take note of the dates open as well as closing so they can be able to apply on time.
The NSFAS Application Form 2022 pdf can be downloaded from the internet.
The National Students Financial Aid Scheme (NSFAS) online application 2023/2024 academic year opens 1st of September and closes 30th of November 2022. All those who want to apply for NSFAS online in 2023 should Visit the NSFAS website www.nsfas.org.za to download.
How to Re-Apply and Register for NSFAS Application 2023-2024
Applicants must Apply and Register online on the myNSFAS portal for 2023 as a user or Re-register a myNSFAS account. To do so, follow the steps outlined below:
- Applicants should visit the NSFAS website: www.nsfas.org.za
- On the NSFAS webpage, click on the “myNSFAS” tab at the top right corner of the page
- myNSFAS page will be open with a welcome message ” Welcome to the myNSFAS student portal”
- If you wish to Re-register your myNSFAS account, enter your username (i.e. your email address) and password
- And if you want to Register, please click on “Register”. Please ensure that you have a valid copy of your South African ID or unbridged birth certificate copy before you register your profile.
- Tick the box to allow NSFAS to verify and validate the information you have provided with third parties
- Then, enter your ID number on the field as it is stated on your ID document
- Type your full names and surname as per your ID number in the space provided
- Enter your current email address
- Verify your email address
- Ensure that you enter your cellphone number
- Create your preferred password
- Then you Confirm the password
- Upload a copy of your ID document
- After that, kindly click on register to receive a one-time pin
- A Time Pin (OTP) will be sent to the email address and the cellphone number you provided (this OTP will expire after 24 hours)
- Type in the OTP and click submit
- Finally, you have now completed your NSFAS Registration for 2022