home affairs online help – https://ehome.dha.gov.za
The Department of Home Affairs is proud to present eHomeAffairs to enable you as a South African citizen by birth to apply to utilize the online services.
eHomeAffairs allows the following:
- Submit ID and Passport applications online,
- Make online payments for applications,
- Make bookings where allowed.
Note: (A branch visit is mandatory to capture and\or verify your biometric details, i.e. photo, fingerprints and signature). You can also finalise your application at any Home Affairs office; no appointment is required.
- Register a profile on eHomeAffairs
Registering on eHomeAffairs requires “creating a profile” with a secure password.
“Complete” your personal details.
“Create” a password.
“Answer” the security questions.
2. Capture the verification OTP (OneTimePin) received via SMS to confirm your cellphone number
3. Log in to your profile
4. Capture the logon OTP (OneTimePin) received via SMS
5. Complete the application form
The application form is for a Smart ID Card and/or Passport.
You can “capture” and “submit an application form” for yourself or for a minor directly related to
you, typically for a minor requiring a passport for travelling purposes.
All fields highlighted in red are mandatory and must be “completed”.
6. Submit the completed application by selecting “Submit”
7. Upload your supporting documents, if applicable
Required supporting documents will be listed.
Please note that originals will be required to be presented at the branch or bank office
8. Make the online payment
“Capture” your banking details.
Please note that submitting a payment on eHomeAffairs is only an instruction to your bank.
In order to complete the payments process you need to log on to your internet banking to
“authorise the payment”.
A payment authorisation process guide can be requested from your bank.
Once the payment has been authorised, please note that the bank payment verification process
must take place, which may take a few minutes.
9. Make a booking at a Home Affairs enabled Bank Office
Please note that digital biometrics can be captured at any Home Affairs office or at a Home
Affairs enabled Bank office, for which a booking is a prerequisite.
You do not need to make a booking to provide your biometrics at any of the Home Affairs offices.
10. Print your Confirmation Letter
The barcoded confirmation Letter as well as your ID Book (if available) must to be “taken with
when going to the branch or bank office”. After clicking on Download Confirmation, save the
document to your PC and open with PDF
For more info click HERE