Scholarships For International Students 2022-2023
The Groningen University is inviting interested applicants to apply for the 2022-2023 International PhD Scholarships in Ethno-Religious Identity & Economic Inclusion. This prestigious scholarship is offered by the university which is located in Netherlands.
The university is now accepting scholarship applications for the academic session 2022/2023 from all candidates worldwide.
The funding motivates both domestic and international students who want to undertake a PhD degree program at the university.
Groningen University was opened in 1614 as the second-oldest university in the Netherlands. The university provides more than 175 degrees to both domestic and international students.
Application Deadline: You may apply for this position until 4 September.
- University or Organization: University of Groningen
- Department: NA
- Course Level: PhD
- Award: € 2,249 per month
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International and domestic students
- The award can be taken in the Netherlands
- Eligible Countries: All nationalities.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: PhD degree in Ethno-Religious Identity & Economic Inclusion.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following criteria:
- Have a relevant master’s degree in the social sciences (e.g., economics, political economy, international relations, political science, anthropology, religious studies, sociology)
- Have strong quantitative and qualitative research skills, demonstrated through previous research projects
- Have a strong interest in social justice, religious, ethnic and cultural diversity, decolonial research approaches
- Have an interdisciplinary background, or affinity with working in an interdisciplinary team
- Be able to show perseverance, flexibility, project management, and collaboration skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English
- Be able to communicate with diverse audiences, including academics, policymakers and the general public, or have the demonstrated desire to develop such skills
- Be able to finish the PhD thesis in four years
- Enjoy planning and taking initiatives
- Enjoy academic writing and have the desire to publish, including previously published work (academic or non-academic)
- Be able and willing to work in Groningen, in an international and interdisciplinary environment
- Formulate a research proposal, eventually to be developed further together with the supervision team.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: To be eligible for this opportunity, applicants need to take admitted to PhD degree programme at the University. The PhD Scholarship application can be made separately online.
- Supporting Documents: The students are required to present the following documents to the University:
- A motivation letter
- A research proposal (max 2 pages)
- Your CV
- A scan of your diploma including transcripts
- Proof of English proficiency
- A writing sample
- Other relevant documents.
- Admission Requirements: Before taking admission, applicants must check all the entry requirements of the university.
- Language Requirement: Students must have an excellent command of English and good academic writing skills.
The successful candidate will receive a gross scholarship of € 2,249 per month of which wage tax and social insurance premiums will be deducted.