Toyota Motor Industry Bursary
The aim of the Toyota Motor Industry Bursary is to support students who wish to study at university and pursue a career in automotive engineering, supply chain management or law after completing their studies. The Toyota Motor Industry Bursary will help develop skills that are in demand within the industry by giving access to high-quality education as well as promoting diversity within the industry through an opportunity for young people from all walks of life to pursue careers in this sector.
The bursary is open to South African citizens who are studying towards a degree in engineering, business or law. The bursary covers up to R25 000 per annum for 3 years (R75 000 in total) for successful candidates who meet all criteria.
The bursaries are open to any student who has completed Grade 12, is currently enrolled as a full time student at a recognised tertiary institution in South Africa or who has been accepted into a recognised tertiary institution in South Africa (pre-university).
The degrees sponsored by Motor Industry Bursary are as follows
- Business Sciences
- Marketing, Information System
- Human Resources (industrial psychology included as well)
- Financial Management
- Engineering (Chemical, Computer, Electrical, Industries, Mechanical and Mechatronics)
- Computer Science
- Accounting and Analytics (Data Science, Applied Mathematics, Mathematics and Statistics).
Eligibility Criteria For The Bursary
Applicants must meet the minimum eligibility requirements to apply for the bursary programme. Following are the eligibility criteria.
- Should be South African citizen
- The applicant must be enrolled at a public South African University
- Should pursue full-time undergraduate or postgraduate studies
- Must obtain a minimum of 75% or above for Gr 12 Mathematics and English
- The applicant must maintain a minimum average of 65% at the University.
Upon selection, the qualifying candidates will have to face an interview where the applicants will be assessed whether they would flourish in Toyota culture.
The next stage includes the selected candidates undergoing a psychometric assessment where the candidates’ problem-solving skills and agility are assessed.
Applicants are required to submit the following documents for registering for Motor Industry Bursary 2022 – 2023:
- An essay will include the following prompts:
- Personal background with family circumstances
- Achievements and leadership positions taken
- Personal strengths and weaknesses
- Elaboration of your choice of study program in connection with your talents, interests and envisioned a career
- Personal statement to formulate your application profile
- A certified copy of your ID copy
- Signed consent form
- Income certificate of mother/death certificate
- Income certificate of father/death certificate
- Proof of income of guardian (if required)
- Proof of acceptance/registration
- Address proof
- National Senior Certificate
- (If applicable) Full academic records
- Profile picture
The last date of application is 30 September 2022. Any application submitted after the closing date will not be entertained, therefore, the application has to be submitted before the given date.
How to Apply?
To apply for the Toyota Motor Industry Bursary 2022-2023, you need to click on the link here: Toyota Motor Industry Bursary Application