The National Student Financial Scheme (NSFAS) is a financial aid scheme for students to access tertiary education, enabling them to enrol at public higher education institutions and TVET colleges. This funding gives access to over 200 000 additional students each year.
When Will 2023 NSFAS Applications open?
The Minister for Higher Education, Blade Nzimande recently announced the opening of NSFAS 2023 application on Wednesday 28th September 2022.
Addressing the media, Mr Nzimande noted that they decided to open the applications earlier than in previous years in order to assist interested students to speed up their applications and supporting documentation.
Who qualifies to apply for NSFAS at nsfas.org.za ?
- Every South African citizen
- All SASSA grantees are eligible for financing.
- Applicants with a combined family income of less than R350 000 per year
- Individuals having a disability: The combined household income cannot exceed R600,000 per year.
- Students who began their studies before 2018 have a family income of less than R122 000 per year.
Supporting documentation for NSFAS 2023 applications?
- A copy of your ID, both sides of smart ID Cards must be provided
- Non-SASSA Applicants – ID copies of parents/legal guardian/guardian or spouse
- Proof of income
- Persons with disabilities – To complete disability Annexure A form
How to contact NSFAS
NSFAS students can contact the financial aid office on campus for help with their 2023 applications or call the #NSFAS contact centre on 08 000 67327.
- Email: email@example.com
- Facebook:National Student Financial Aid Scheme
- Twitter: @myNSFAS
- Instagram: @myNSFAS
Account, Payment and Balance Enquiries
- For queries regarding payments and balances:
- Tel No.: 08000 67327
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org