Do you have a strong interest in conducting research on academic freedom and evaluating university academic freedom policies, then you must apply for the Academic Freedom Supporting Science And The Public Good Scholarship. This scholarship program is awarded by the University of New England in Australia for the academic year 2022-2023.
This scholarship is fully funded with an amount worth $30,000 provided by the Ecological Society Australia (ESA) for three years full-time for a doctoral degree at the University of New England.
Both Australian and international students are eligible to apply for this scholarship program. In addition, the applicant must have a first-class honours degree in a relevant field, experience in conducting data collection and analysis and an in natural history and conservation to be considered.
Application Deadline: The application for this application closes on 30th September 2022.
- Eligible Countries: Australian national students are eligible to apply.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: Students can apply to undertake a PhD degree programme at the School of Humanities, Arts and Social Sciences at the University of New England.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- The applicants must have experience in conducting data collection and analysis.
- The applicants must have the capacity to work professionally, and collaboratively and meet deadlines.
- The applicants must be interested in natural history and conservation.
- The applicants must have strong written and oral communication skills.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: To apply for this application, candidates must complete and apply for candidacy and scholarship.
- Supporting Documents: The students are required to present the following documents to the university:
- Brief cover letter
- Address the selection criteria above in no more than three pages;
- Write up to half an additional page (up to 300 words) describing ideas for exploring the problem of suppression of academic freedom in ecological, environmental, biodiversity and/or climate-change-related research (any citations may be included in addition to the half-page)
- Admission Requirements: The applicants must have first-class Honours or equivalent.
- Language Requirement: The students must submit scores on the following English language proficiency tests:
- IELTS – 6.5
Use the link below to apply for some fully-funded scholarships and some free online courses as well;