Fellowships For International Students
Applicants are invited to apply for Banting Postdoctoral Fellowship which is offered by the Government of Canada. The fellowship between Canadian and international citizens.
According to the Government of Canada, up to 70 fellowships are awarded annually (a total of up to 140 awards are active at any time).
Students are hereby welcome to apply for the Africa Scholarships Programme for 2022/2023. This scholarship is offered by the University of Essex in the United Kingdom.
Africa Scholarships Programme for 2022/2023 entry. The Scholarships are now open to self-funding African applicants to pursue postgraduate studies.
Selected candidates will receive up to £4,000, paid as a discount on their tuition fee. The main reason for the scholarship is to enable and encourage academically able students from any nationality.
The University of Essex is a British public research university in Colchester, Essex.
Application Deadline: 16 September 2022 (for October 2022 start) or 06 January 2023 (for January 2023 start)
The Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships program provides funding to the very best postdoctoral applicants, both nationally and internationally, who will positively contribute to the country’s economic, social and research-based growth.
The Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships program is to attract and retain top-tier postdoctoral talent, both indigenous and internationally, develop their leadership potential and position them for success as research leaders of tomorrow.’
Application Deadline: The last date to submit the entries to participate in the following grant is 21 September 2022.
- Canadian and foreign citizens can apply for these Banting Postdoctoral fellowships.
- Fellowships are awarded in the following research areas: Health research, Natural sciences and/or engineering and Social sciences and/or humanities.
- Canadian citizens, permanent residents of Canada and foreign citizens are eligible to apply with the following stipulations:
- Applicants who are not Canadian citizens or permanent residents of Canada may only hold their Banting Postdoctoral Fellowship at a Canadian institution,
- Applicants who are Canadian citizens or permanent residents of Canada and who obtained their Ph.D., PhD-equivalent or health professional degree from a foreign university may only hold their Banting Postdoctoral Fellowship at a Canadian institution, and
- Applicants who are Canadian citizens or permanent residents of Canada and who obtained their Ph.D., PhD-equivalent or health professional degree from a Canadian university may hold their Banting Postdoctoral Fellowship at either a Canadian institution or an institution outside of Canada. Confirm that you and your proposed host institution meet the criteria below before you apply for a Banting Postdoctoral Fellowship. Applications that do not meet all of the eligibility criteria will not be accepted. Applicant eligibilityCitizenship and location of the host institution.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: The mode of applying is online.
- Admission Requirements: Applicants to the 2022/2023 Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships program must fulfill or have fulfilled all degree requirements for a Ph.D., PhD-equivalent or health professional degree. Applicants must have a PhD-equivalent or health professional degree from a foreign university.
- Language Requirements: Applicants from outside the home country will often need to meet specific English language/other language requirements in order to be able to study there.