Coronation Exceptional Student Bursary 2022 – 2023
The Coronation Exceptional Student Bursary is an opportunity for students to apply for the Coronation Exceptional Student Bursary. It is open to students studying any subject at any UK university and is available to applicants from all backgrounds.
The bursary is designed to help exceptional students who are disadvantaged by financial circumstances or disability. The aim of this scheme is to provide funding for students who would otherwise not be able to attend university, particularly those with disabilities or mental health issues.
Applicants will be assessed based on their academic ability, personal statement and reference, as well as their financial situation.
Students will be awarded the bursary on a first come first served basis so it’s important that you apply as soon as possible!
What does Coronation Bursary Program cover?
Coronation Bursary Program is a part of the Coronation Foundation. The program aims to help students who are from disadvantaged and low-income families. The aim of this program is to help students who have been unable to finish their studies due to lack of financial resources. The program also helps to encourage future leaders by providing them with an opportunity for higher education.
The bursary covers all the study related expenditures of the qualified students. Once the candidate has graduated he/she is required to enter into a work-back commitment contract which requires him/her to serve in any one of the following institutions:
Things to keep in mind before applying for a Bursary
Applying for a bursary becomes easy when you are fully aware of its requirements and the way it functions. When you know where to start the process that follows becomes seamlessly easier. To successfully apply for a bursary the following things should be kept in mind.
- It is important to know that there is no restriction on the number of bursaries that you can apply for. Thus, it is recommended to apply for as many bursaries as you want in your desired field.
- By searching through our website you can have access to all the organizations providing bursaries. You can also find a bursary with the help of the field that you want to study.
- Having a strong reference is the first step in securing your desired bursary. So, while applying for a bursary make sure that the reference you provide is reachable with a correct contact address.
- Submit a highly convincing and motivational cover letter with points like why you deserve the bursary, how it can be a stepping stone for success, etc.
- Once you apply for a bursary ensure that you follow up on your emails and text messages for any notification from the organization.
- Be aware of the bursary deadlines set by the institutions.
What are the Eligibility Criteria?
To qualify for the Coronation Bursary program 2022-2023 a student must meet the following eligibility criteria requirements.
Current Grade 12 Students
- South African citizens enrolling full-time studies at a South African University in 2023.
- Aspirations to pursue any commerce degree.
- An exceptional academic record with an average of 75%.
Current University Students
- South African citizens enrolled for full-time studies at a South African University in 2022 and
- Currently pursuing any commerce degree.
- An exceptional academic record with an average of 70%.
The Application Requirements
The application must be submitted online. Click here to apply: Coronation Exceptional Student Bursary Application 2022
In addition to filling up the form, you are required to upload the following documents. All the mentioned documents must be attached with the application form. There should not be any missing documents or false documents.
- A certified copy of your identity card
- Proof of the family’s monthly income must be provided (latest paystubs if employed, bank statements if self-employed, an affidavit if unemployed, and, if applicable, proof of a pension or grant).
- A certified copy of your final grade 11 results and, matric results to date, if currently in the matric
- GA certified copies of your rade 11 final results, Matric final results, and most recent transcript from a postsecondary institution, if you’re still enrolled
- Proof of provisional acceptance to the university, if applicable (on institutions letterhead)
- Proof of enrollment, if you’re currently enrolled (on institutions letterhead)
- a statement outlining your reasons for choosing your field of study and your career goals after graduating (1 page)
- a letter of recommendation from a person who can attest to your character and performance in school and personality (include the person’s contact details). It cannot be a friend or family member.
- For students under the age of 18, a parent or legal guardian must complete and sign a consent form (.docx) to abide by POPI regulations.
- A certified copy of your present or guardian’s ID, if you’re a student under 18.
Closing Date Of The Bursary
The applications will be closed on 30 September 2022 at 5 pm.
No late applications will be accepted so interested candidates must complete the application before the deadline.