Sassa Status Check | SASSA Status Check SRD R350 Payment
The Social Relief of Distress Grant (SRD Grant) is administered in terms of section 32 of the Social Assistance Act, 2004 (Act No. 13 of 2004) and is implemented with the concurrence of the Minister of Finance.The Social Relief of Distress Grant (SRD Grant) is meant for South African Citizens, Refugees, Asylum Seekers and Special Permit Holders who are between the ages of 18 and 60 years, who have insufficient means, who do not receive social grants on behalf of herself/ himself or who are not contributing to or eligible for UIF payment, and have no financial support from any other source.
Applicants or their proxy will need to confirm or provide the below information to enable SASSA to consider their application
- Confirmation that they have read and accepted the clauses in the Declaration and Consent Documents
- Personal Details
- Mobile Number (cell phone number)
- Employment Information and Lifestyle Sustainability Information
- Banking Information
What is the qualifying criteria for Sassa R350 Grant?
- A South African Citizen, Permanent Resident or Refugee registered on the Home Affairs database and persons who are holders of special permits under the Special Angolan Dispensation, the Lesotho Exemption Permit dispensation and the Zimbabwe Exemption Permit Dispensation, and asylum seekers whose section 22 permits or visas are valid or were valid on 15 March 2020;
- Currently residing within the borders of the Republic of South Africa;
- Above the age of 18 and below the age of 60;
- Not receiving any social grant in respect of himself or herself;
- Not receiving an unemployment insurance benefit and does not qualify to receive an unemployment insurance benefit;
- Not receiving a stipend from the National Student Financial Aid Scheme and other financial aid;
- Not receiving any other government COVID-19 response support;
Why it is important to re-apply for Sassa?
- People’s circumstances may have changed over time;
- In order to confirm clients’ personal details, assess their income and financial status;
- Applicants need to accept the declaration and consent, which has been strengthened to comply with the Protection of Personal Information Act (POPIA) which came to effect on 21 July 2021;
- In order to access or to have the application reconsidered for the Social Relief of Distress Grant, an applicant must grant consent for SASSA to verify his or her identity, residency, income or social security benefits with any other institution deemed necessary by SASSA.
Reconfirm your Sassa grant application:
All SRD R350 grant applicants must reconfirm their grant applications at least once every 3 months. This reconfirmation informs SASSA that applicants still need and qualify for the grant in terms of the regulations. Existing applicants can also update their responses to the screening questionnaire here, at any time, should their circumstances change or to correct errors.
How do I apply for Sassa SRD Grant
Or you can use the following channel:
- WhatsApp: 082 046 8553
You only have to apply once via this web site or the above WhatsApp number and not many times on every channel.
SASSA will only process one application received from each applicant.
How to change your Sassa grant banking details:
If you are an approved beneficiary of the SASSA SRD R350 Grant and you wish to change your banking details, please submit your ID Number below. An SMS containing a secure link, unique to you, will be sent to the mobile phone number with which you registered during application.
Click on the link in the SMS and follow the instructions carefully.
Should you select payment into a bank account, please ensure that you are the owner of the account. SASSA cannot pay your grant into another person’s bank account.
Should you select the money transfer option via one of the major banks, please ensure that the mobile phone number on which you received the SMS is registered in your name. SASSA cannot pay your grant into a mobile phone number which is registered to another person.
Please also note that the new banking details will only be used for future payments, after verification.
Request Names and Surname Update on your Sassa Application
Applicants who’s SRD Grant application was declined based on incorrect names and surname information provided, can complete the fields below and request that their information be updated.
Please ensure that you enter your ID Number, names and surname exactly as it appears in your South African green ID Document or on your Smart ID Card. Your names and surname will only be updated if it matches your details on the Department of Home Affairs database.