How To Write A Resume For A Scholarship
Application for scholarship is a competitive process. Make sure that you are well-prepared to apply with a sample of your resume and essays.
If you’re looking to apply for a scholarship, it is important to write a strong resume in order to be successful. You should start by keeping the resume concise, yet thorough. Use a straightforward style so that the committee can understand the information you are conveying.
READ ALSO: How To Write A Resume For A Scholarship
However, you should keep in in mind the following tips:
- Try to avoid “I” statements, as these aren’t typically used in resume writing. Go for bullet points to keep things simple.
- It is vital to choose an easy-to-read font. If you aren’t sure which to pick, you can’t go wrong with Ariel, Calibri, or Verdana. Just make sure the size doesn’t exceed 10 to 12-point range.
- List your achievements and experiences in descending order, from current to earliest.
- You could also mention why you are applying for the so and so scholarship and how it will help you in achieving your goal.
- Refrain from providing personal information such as marital status, religious affiliation, political views or sexual orientation.
- Try to limit your resume to one page, if possible, because they usually get only a quick review, so the committee may not like to read some lengthy details about any kid.