Students are hereby welcome to apply for the Africa Scholarships Programme for 2022/2023. This scholarship is offered by the University of Essex in the United Kingdom.
Africa Scholarships Programme for 2022/2023 entry. The Scholarships are now open to self-funding African applicants to pursue postgraduate studies.
Selected candidates will receive up to £4,000, paid as a discount on their tuition fee. The main reason for the scholarship is to enable and encourage academically able students from any nationality.
The University of Essex is a British public research university in Colchester, Essex.
Application Deadline: 16 September 2022 (for October 2022 start) or 06 January 2023 (for January 2023 start)
Eligible Countries: African students (Algeria, Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Ivory Coast, Djibouti, Egypt, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Republic of the Congo, Rwanda, Sao Tome and Principe, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Africa, Sudan, Swaziland, Tanzania, Togo, Tunisia, Uganda, Western Sahara, Zambia and Zimbabwe) are eligible to apply for this scholarship programme.
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must meet all of the following conditions.
- These scholarships are restricted to students who are overseas fee payers and are entirely self-funded.
- Students must be ordinarily resident (see the terms and conditions below for the definition of ordinary residence) in an African nation (defined as a member state of the African Union).
- These scholarships may be awarded to applicants who have completed relevant school or university studies in one of the specified countries above.
- Applicants must have been awarded an undergraduate degree with the grade specified or above. A higher Masters grade cannot be taken to compensate for a lower Bachelors grade;
- Eligible courses are those which are full-time taught Masters courses leading to MA, MSc, LLM, MFA and MRes degrees and start in October 2022 and January 2023.
- Applicants who have firmly accepted an offer of a place by 16 September 2022 (for October 2022 start) or 06 January 2023 (for January 2023 start) and met the academic conditions of entry, will be considered for these scholarships.
- Only one scholarship award can be made per student and the award cannot be held in conjunction with any other University of Essex scholarships.
- This scholarship is available for the first year of Masters study only;
- Successful applicants should be available for promotional activities.
- How to Apply: To apply to this education award, aspirants must be enrolled in undergraduate degree coursework at the university. After being registered, claimants will automatically be considered for this award.
- Supporting Documents: You must have to attach the personal statement, letter of motivation and curriculum vitae.
- Admission Requirements: For being admitted to the undergraduate degree, seekers are required to hold their high school degree certificates and all the academic qualifications certificates.
- Language Requirement: For gaining the advantage of this bursary, entrants are required to have a good level of English language to study