HEC PAK-FRANCE Peridot 2022 Research Programme for Pakistani & French Researchers
PERIDOT is the Franco-Pakistani Hubert Curien Partnership (PHC) Program providing opportunities to Pakistani and French researchers to interact for joint research activities. The program is implemented in Pakistan by the Higher Education Commission (HEC) and in France, jointly by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs & International Development (MAEDI) and the Ministry of Higher Education and Research (MESRI).
The objective of this program is to develop new scientific and technological cooperation between French and Pakistani higher education institutions/research laboratories by supporting the mobility of researchers from both sides. The Program, launched in 2014, proceeded its 7 phase till 2021. In last 7th phases four partnerships have been approved.
PERIDOT awardees will be selected competitively using a merit-based, independent, transparent evaluation and selection process based upon international standards. The process is described in the Sections below:
Priority Thematic Areas:
This mobility grant is focused on supporting research in any of the identified priority areas/disciplines, including:
- Sustainable Energy, Environment and Climate change
- Agriculture, Food Security and Health
- Humanities & social sciences
Note: Projects on social challenges of environmental issues shall be strongly encouraged
- Applicant (PI) must hold a full time faculty position at a public/Private university for research funding.
- Applicant must hold a PhD Degree (or Equivalent) in relevant field
- The major cost of the project will be borne by the participating universities from Pakistan and France.
- The program will support only mobility of the researchers to and from Pakistan.
- Mobility of young researchers, especially doctoral students (enrolled under supervision by the PI) is one of the key objectives.
- The host institution must guarantee having the needed capacities (e.g. working space) to accommodate the visiting fellows
- Project life will be for 03 years.
How to Apply for HEC PAK-FRANCE Peridot Research Programme for Pakistani & French Researchers
- Joint project (single application) will be submitted on Campus France website
- The Online Application procedure is in the French language. The PIs should develop a single joint application in English. The application will be submitted by the French PI on Campus France website http://www.campusfrance.org/fr/peridot
- Outlines of french online application version in English (only for guidance)
- The online application can be submitted through HEC online portal (research.hec.gov.pk)
- Applicants are required to upload the already developed Joint Application (that was submitted on campusfrance portal) in document section
Note: Maximum one research project can be submitted by one principal investigator for funding.
- The funding (for mobility) will be shared equally by the HEC and French counterpart.
- The funding for the core research project will be borne by the concerned Pakistani and the French Universities/Institutes.
- HEC and the French counterpart will provide funding only for travel and living expenses to the researchers involved in the projects for visiting Pakistan and France
The HEC Pakistan will cover;
Travel expenses of Pakistani Researchers to foreign: round trip including inland travel: @Rs.280,000 plus
Living allowance in France for Pakistani Researchers:
@ € 125 per diem for short stay <= 10 days
@ € 65 per diem for long stay > 10 days up to 1.5 months
|Visits:||How many times in a year?||Number of visitors||How long?||Total visits|
|Faculty Member (applicant)||Year 1 = 1Year 2 = 0Year 3 = 1||1||Maximum 10 days per visit||2|
|Students||Year 1 = 0Year 2 = 1Year 3 = 1||2||Maximum 45 days per visit||2|
Contribution by the France will cover;
Travel expenses to French Researchers
Living allowance in Pakistan for French Researchers:
Please Note that
- The funds will be provided on an annual basis, for maximum three consecutive years (till the life of project), according to the approved budget.
- The renewal/release of the annual funding is subject to the submission of scientific and financial progress report at the end of each year.