Applicants are invited to apply to submit applications for the HostSeq Postdoctoral Fellowships program for the academic year 2022/2023. This fellowship program is offered by Canadian Institutes of Health Research (CIHR) or Compugen Ltd. (CGEn) in Canada. Highly-qualified postdoctoral trainees whose research involves the study of human genetics and the challenges of COVID-19 disease in Canada using bioinformatic approaches will get support from the CGEn HostSeq/CIHR Joint Postdoctoral Fellowship Program.
Application Deadline: Applications must be received by November 30, 2022.
- Eligible Countries: Applicants from a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or a citizen of another country.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: The scholarship will be awarded in any subject offered by the university
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following criteria:
- The Nominated Principal Applicant (NPA) must be a postdoctoral trainee at the same Canadian Institution as their primary supervisor by the funding start date and meet the minimum commitment of 75% of their time in the proposed research training.
- The NPA is a postdoctoral trainee with studies relevant to the IG mandate, such as human genetics, computational and systems biology; bioinformatics; health data science.
- The NPA can be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or citizen of another country.
- A primary supervisor who has an academic appointment with a CIHR Eligible Institution must be identified on the application. Only one candidate per supervisor will be considered for this program. The primary supervisor must secure the trainee with postdoctoral status at the university by the fellowship’s start date. An additional supervisor may also the NPA is responsible for securing their proposed postdoctoral primary supervisor before applying to this program.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: To be considered for the opportunity , applicants must have to take admission in the postdoctoral degree program at the CIHR or CGEn. To complete your full application, only some of the components of the general Other Training Awards – Application Instructions will apply.
- Supporting Documents: The students are required to present the following documents to the university:
- Letters of Support – Mandatory (Maximum 3 pages per supervisor, upload individually): Label as “Letter of Support from Supervisor – Name”
- Label as “List of Other Contributions” – Mandatory (Maximum 1 page):
- Degree certificate
- Transcripts of marks
- Admission Requirements: To be admitted, you need to meet the entry requirements for each qualification you plan to study.
- Language Requirement: The students must have knowledge of conversational English at least.
- The university will provide the benefits:-
- The total amount available for this funding opportunity is $1,120,000, enough to fund approximately 16 awards. The maximum amount per award is $70,000 annually for up to 1 year.
- Award funding is allocated as follows:
- Trainee stipend: $65,000 per award.
- Research allowance: $5,000 per award.