Sassa has the initiative to make submitting an R350 grant application as easy and available as possible to applicants. In view of this, the South African Social Security Agency (Sassa) has introduced the GovChat app to assist applicants to submit their SRD grant application.
One way to submit an SRD grant application is by using GovChat. Here’s how:
- Go to the GovChat website
- Enter your phone number
- Complete the Captcha
- Click ‘LOGIN’
- Click on ‘SASSA Services’
- Click on ‘SASSA Grants’
- Click on ‘Apply for a grant’
- Click on ‘Social relief of distress (R350)’
- Click on ‘Create New Form’
- Fill in the required information
- Click on ‘SUBMIT PERSONAL DETAILS’
- You will then be given a reference number
SASSA will be working with other institutions to verify the details provided by applicants so applicants will need to sign a declaration and consent form.
The next thing to do after applying for the R350 grant is you need to do a SASSA grant status check to track your R350 grant application. Once your application is approved by Sassa, you will receive payment every month from the agency.