King Hintsa TVET College Online Application
The former Centane Technical College, Teko Technical College, H.B. Tsengwa Technical College, and Idutywa Satellite, formerly known as Idutywa Community College, have merged to form the King Hintsa TVET College.
This King Hintsa TVET College is located in the Eastern Cape’s South Eastern Region. The Central Administration Office is located on N2 Mthatha Road, next to WSU, in Butterworth (Butterworth campus).
The college is spread across two Local Municipalities, with two campuses in Mnquma Local Municipality (Centane,Teko, and Admin Center). Mbashe Local Municipality is home to the Dutywa and HB Tsengwa campuses.
College campuses are located within a 60-kilometre radius of one another. At various campuses, the college offers NC (V), Report 191, and Skills Development programs.
The King Hintsa TVET College is well-known for educating adults, out-of-school youth, and project-linked trainees ranging from those with a poor academic background to those who have had opportunities to improve their educational level.
Documents needed to apply
Prior to applying to the college, the following documents are required:
- 3 certified copies of ID of Learner
- 3 certified copies of ID of Parent/Legal Guardian
- One ID size photo
- Copy Certified of latest school report/Grade 9 or Higher
- A unique Email address and cellphone number
The following Programs are available at King Hintsa TVET College;
National Certificate (Vocational)
- Civil Engineering & Building Construction
- Electrical Infrastructure Construction
- Engineering & Related Design
- Finance, Economics & Accounting
- Information Technology & Computer Science
- Office Administration
- Primary Agriculture
- Travel & Tourism
11 weeks per N-level
Report191 Engineering Applicants Admission requirements:
- The relevant N3 Engineering Studies national certificate;
- A Senior Certificate with at least three training offers that apply to the education offer chosen by the program candidate;
- A qualification equivalent
- Go to the next stage only after successfully completing the previous level, i.e.
- N4 to N5, and so on.
- Students must gain 18 months of relevant practical experience to qualify for a National Diploma.
6 months per N-level
- NSC / N3 / Grade 12 for N4
- N4 for N5
- N5 for N6 an appropriate National Certificate N3 Engineering Studies; or
- Each subject covers a period of six months (January to June or July to November). Four subjects must be taken for each course. Students who passed Introductory N4, N4, N5 and N6 will be issued with a certificate in the specific field of study.
- To qualify for a National Diploma, students need to obtain and complete 18 months of relevant practical experience.
The following Short Courses are offered at Teko Campus of King Hintsa TVET College:
- Computer Literacy
- Motor Mechanics