Students who require some financial assistance for their postsecondary school can apply for the National Student Financial Aid Scheme (NSFAS) Bursary for the academic year 2023-2024. According to the estimate, the NSFAS Application 2023 cycle will begin on November 2, 2022, to January 21, 2023.
State Student Financial Aid Programs Students can apply for loans or grants through NSFAS, a public agency governed by the NSFAS Act.
The primary goal is to make NSFAS an effective source of financial aid for students from less affluent families while facilitating access to higher education and other types of training.
Therefore, individuals wishing to apply for NSFAS 2023 must apply online through the NSFAS website www.nsfas.org.za 2023 application portal on or before the application deadline.
Poor college students in South Africa are eligible for financial assistance under the government’s National Student Financial Aid Scheme (NSFAS) to help cover the costs of post-secondary tertiary education.
NSFAS REQUIREMENTS AND FINANCIAL ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA
- South African citizens (foreign students do not apply)
- Applicants who wish to pursue an undergraduate degree at a public university or TVET college with the necessary academic requirements
- Previous applicants who already have an application reference number should not apply
- NOT a grant recipient of any NSFAS funding for the current academic year (only unfunded students)
For postgraduate studies, only students of one of the following field of study are accepted:
- B Tech – Architecture / Architectural Technology
- B Tech – Biokinetics, Biomedical Technology/Biotechnology
- Postgraduate Certificate in Education
- Postgraduate Diploma in Accounting
- Bachelor of Laws/LLB
For a TVET college bursary NSFAS application:
- Registered at a public South African TVET college
- Registered for the National Certificate (vocational)
- Registered for certain Report 191 (NATED) programs such as N1-N6 in engineering and N4-N6 in all other fields.
READ ALSO: How To Re-register myNSFAS Account 2022
How To Apply For Application Form Of NSFAS
To apply for 2023 Application of NSFAS, then follow the steps below;
- Go to NSFAS Application 2023 website at www.nsfas.org.za
- Then, you click on the “myNSFAS” tab
- Create your myNSFAS account when the page opens
- After creating myNSFAS account, you then have to click on the “Apply” tab
- Answer the questions you see on the screen
- Then, check to update all your personal details
- Upload all the required supporting documents
- Click on “Submit” to send your application for evaluation.
Once your application for 2023 NSFAS funding is approved, your coverage will begin and continue until you complete your degree. You must continue to meet academic standards to apply for the NSFAS Funding Bursary.
Just focus on studying and passing your modules to ensure your ongoing funding.
NSFAS APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS FOR 2023-2024
All applicants must meet the following requirements before applying for NSFAS Bursary 2023;
- All those who are citizens of South Africa and are planning to study in 2023 or if you are currently studying at a public university or TVET college, you qualified for the NSFAS bursary.
- If you are a SASSA grant recipient
- If your combined household income is not more than R350 000 per year
- If you are a person with a disability and with a combined household income of not more than R600 000 per year
- If you are a student who started University studies before 2018 and your household income is not more than R122 000 per year. NSFAS Online Application 2023-2024.