Did you know that applications for the R350 Social Relief of Distress (SRD) grant are still open until March 2023? Now, one of the surest ways of submitting an SRD grant application is online. In this article, you’ll learn how to apply for the Sassa unemployment grant application.
The South African Social Security Agency (SASSA) through the South African government introduced the new Sassa grant; the Special Social Relief of Distress (SRD) grant due to the severe impact of the COVID-19 pandemic.
applicants need to ensure that they fit the eligibility criteria before they can apply;
- South African citizens/permanent residents/refugees/asylum seekers/holders of special permits
- Have no alternative source of income or financial support from any other source
- Between the ages of 18 and 60
- Receive no other social grants, UIF or NSFAS
How To Apply For R350 Grant 2022 Online
- Go to the SRD website
- Scroll down to ‘How do I apply for this SRD Grant’ and click on the yellow bar
- Enter your mobile number
- Click “send sms”
- Then enter the one time pin that Sassa has sent to the number
- Continue the application process by filling in the steps required by Sassa.
R350 grant applications can also be submitted using the WhatsApp line:
- Adding this contact: 082 046 8553
- Send a Whatsapp message to this number
- Make sure to include your name, surname and ID number in the Whatsapp message.
- You will then receive a message which will detail the next steps you need to follow.
All applicants are required to sign a declaration and consent form as SASSA works with other agencies to verify the information provided by applicants.
You only need to apply once per channel, no need to apply multiple times for each channel. Sassa only processes one application from each applicant. Successful applicants will be contacted by SASSA once their applications have been processed.