Students from South Africa are invited to submit online applications for the 2023 Oudtshoorn Municipality Bursary program. This is an opportunity for student to get a bursary which will assist them financially during their university education in order to achieve their dreams.
The bursary applies to:
- All fields of study
- Students living in the Greater Oudtshoorn Municipality, even the rural areas
Selected candidates will be informed within 30 working days if selected. Please consider your application unsuccessful in case you do not hear anything within the above timeline.
Administered by the Municipality of Oudtshoorn, Greater Oudtshoorn is located in the Little Karoo region of the Western Cape at the foot of the Swartberg Mountains. Classified as a semi-desert area, it was once the home of carp.
Oudtshoorn Municipality lies between George Parish, Hessequa Parish, Mossel Bay Parish and Prince Albert Parish. Agriculture, forestry and fishing are the largest and smallest economic sectors in Oudtshoorn, followed by insurance, finance, construction and manufacturing.
Meanwhile, the application deadline is 18 November 2022. You must submit your application before the deadline to avoid disqualification.
The applicants must meet all the minimum eligibility requirements below. There should not be any exceptions to avoid disqualification.
- You must live within the boundaries of the Greater Oudtshoorn Municipality, even the rural areas.
- You must be enrolled in or have already completed high school.
- You must be pursuing a degree in ANY area full-time in 2023, or you must plan to do so.
- Your course must last at least a year (theory or practical)
- You must be enrolled in or plan to enrol in a TVET or tertiary institution in South Africa that has received accreditation from SAQA.
- The applicant must not be receiving any type of bursary from another organization.
- You need to have a good academic history.
- Students with disabilities and historically disadvantaged groups are encouraged to apply.
Applicants need to submit the following documents along with their application:
- Certified copies of ID document.
- Certified Copy of last results, if you are currently studying in Matric.
- Certificate of completion for Matric (certified copy)
- Complete tertiary academic record, if you’re still in school (on institutional letterhead)
- Pro-forma or proof of enrollment or admittance into a postsecondary institution Invoice (on institutional letterhead)
- Residential proof
- Certified copy of household income proof.
How to Apply?
The applicants need to download and fill out the Oudtshoorn Municipality Bursary Application Form (pdf).