Woolworths Holding Limited (WHL) has become a major retail conglomerate with a significant presence in Sub-Saharan Africa, New Zealand, and Australia. The first Woolworths store was outdoored in 1931 in Cape Town, South Africa. The owner of Woolworths company, Max Sonnenberg piqued the public’s interest with innovative shop procedures that set Woolworths apart from the competition as of then.
Over the years, Woolworths has developed into a retail leader with its presence in over 400 shops worldwide. Financial services, homeware, footwear, clothing, consumables, accessories, and cosmetic items are among its specialties. Woolworths has become one most successful retail chains in South Africa, and it is currently registered on the Johannesburg Stock Exchange (JSE).
Importance Of Opening Woolworths Account
The retailer, like many others across thw world, has added a Woolworths store card to its portfolio. This allows customers to buy things on credit while also receiving online advantages and points for using their special credit card. Furthermore, Woolworths’ financial services can be accessed by linking one’s bank account to the retailer’s online store.
Other benefits of opening Woolworth’s account and having a store card includes;
- Online shopping is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week at Woolworths website.
- WRewards membership is automatic
- Sales preview invitations
- Interest-free for up to 55days if you pay your account in full on or before the due date
- A variety of payment alternatives, including debit orders, ATM, phone, online banking and in-store payment
- E-statements – that is, account owners can receive monthly Store Card statements by e-mail.
- Mobile self-service
How Can You Apply For A Woolworth’s Account
As far as Woolworths account online application goes, you can only apply for a store account online or in-store. More so, you download their app and follow the prompts to enroll on their platform.
The following steps can you also be helpful to get you started:
- Go to their website and navigate to the icon that says ‘Sign-in/Register’
- Click on the icon to proceed to the Login page
- Go to the Registration page
- Enter your Name, Username, Phone Number, Email address and create your password
- Once you have provided these details, navigate to the bottom of the page and click on select the icon that says ‘Register’
- Follow the subsequent prompts to successfully complete your registration process
Note: To log into your account, you can do so via your browser by visiting the Woolworths site or via their app and log in with your details.
Requirements For Opening A Woolworths Account
Although Woolworths wants all its customers to enroll on its online platform, there are specific requirements one need to alhere to when opening a Woolworths account and they include;
- You must be 18 years old
- You must have an RSA ID Number that is valid
- Your minimum monthly salary be R2,000
- A valid South African identification is required
- Ensure that you use Play Store, Apple Store, or Windows desktop to register on the Woolworths account
- You’ll also be asked to fill out a Woolworths statement detailing how many times you’ve visited the store.